[Owasp-leaders] Indemnity

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Wed Aug 10 23:34:50 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

I appreciate the sentiment, but recognize that in a community with over 300
project and chapter leaders we need rules, and that means discussion about
rules.  Some of these discussions have been very interesting and immensely
important for OWASP.  Frankly, most leaders ignore these messages except
when they're really passionate about something.  And of course there are a
few leaders who seem driven to make a big deal about nothing at all.

All of this, including your message and my response here have already
happened countless times in countless other communities.  Despite your
message, I know that you have a strong interest in the creation of
community.  You've proven that you have the ability to get people focused
and motivated.  I hope you'll use those skills to keep OWASP going strong
and attract new leaders.

Everyone please, don't get sucked into discussions that are not productive.
Refuse to be terrorized.

--Jeff