[Owasp-leaders] FW: OWASP Keynote Videos from Chapters

Venkatesh.Jagannathan at cognizant.com Venkatesh.Jagannathan at cognizant.com
Thu Aug 4 01:21:00 EDT 2011

+1 from the Chennai Chapter J

Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh Jagannathan (Venki) | Digital Security Practice |Ë: +91-91766 VENKI | +: 433936 |É: +91-44-67401000 x:3936 | ý: http://www.cognizant.com <blocked::http://www.cognizant.com/>  |€: http://www.linkedin.com/in/heyvenki <blocked::http://www.linkedin.com/in/heyvenki>

P Avoid plastics. Use recycled paper bags. Save Trees. Avoid Printing.

| Thinking is the Capital, Enterprise is the way, Hard Work is the solution. |

|                       Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam - Ignited Minds. |

From: mark curphey <mark at curphey.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 21:44:47 -0700
To: Paulo Coimbra <pcoimbra at owasp.org>
Cc: Dinis Cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>, Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org>
Subject: Re: OWASP Keynote Videos from Chapters

That is awesome. So here is an email I would love for you to be able to send on my behalf.

Hi,

About 10 years ago I seeded an idea in a few peoples minds which has grown into the OWASP you all know today.  I am lucky enough to be doing the keynote celebrating the 10th anniversary of OWASP at AppSecUSA (and btw happy to deliver the same talk to others around the world, schedules permitting) and I am asking for your help. The theme of my talk will be "Community the Killer App" in which I will reflect on how the OWASP community has organized and mobilized online and in person. In my talk I plan to use a series of videos from both well known technology people and a set of videos from the OWASP community itself. I need your help in pulling together videos from the OWASP community from the Chapters you run. Specifically I am looking for two things:

1. Personal stories - I know that over the years OWASP has affected many people personally. I have heard stories about people who found the project and went back to higher education as a result of it, I have heard stories about people that have started companies in software security after getting inspired by OWASP, heard about people that learned appsec in India and gone on to get very well paid jobs in the US based on their skills and I have heard about people earning a living based on OWASP material. I have heard about OWASP teams working to help charities get secure and so on. I would love to be able to share a few of these stories. The more interesting the story the better and the more global or humble in nature the better. Its amazing set of people and I want to hear from the amazing. I am asking you as chapter leaders to help me find those stories by contacting your chapters or talking to your members and working with me to record a short video message from them that I can use in my talk.

2. Chapters Around the World - I want to put together a quick collage of video messages from chapters around the world. The idea will be to do a short visit to all the countries where OWASP has a presence and get a quick hello message from each chapter. I am asking for each chapter leader to work with me on a short video message of your chapter saying "hello from the XXX OWASP chapter" in your native language. We have chapters in amazing locations around the world so if anyone will get creative and record your message in-front of global landmarks (Athens and the Acropolis as an example, Dubai by the Jumeriah, Sydney by the Opera house of Harbor bridge etc) all the better but you can't organize a landmark video then simply a message from your local chapter meeting will be great as well.  Line them all up, have them all shout "hello from the XXX OWASP chapter" in their native language and I will then edit these videos together to get a montage that will show the sheer global diversity and reach of the OWASP Project.

I am also interested in any video material people have of chapter activity that I can edit into the film clip. Maybe people have done socials, beers nights, go-kart events etc.

I will accept any video formats (I will be editing with Final Cut on OSX) but the better quality the video and the more creative the better. If you can help me (and I really hope ALL chapters will come through on this) you can send me an email directly and I will invite you to a drop box to upload your video and we can discuss dates. I will need all videos by the first week in September at the very latest!

Please, please help me create what I think can be some compelling videos messages from the people that really make OWASP what it is. The community, thats you!

Thank you and cheers!

Mark

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.