[Owasp-leaders] FW: OWASP Keynote Videos from Chapters

Adam Baso adam.baso at owasp.org
Wed Aug 3 16:33:07 EDT 2011

LOL, that response is IDENTICAL to others who have scanned it. It is meant
to be a harmless red herring (I mean, putting an XSS payload in there would
just be mean), but I could maybe have it do something more interesting with
a different protocol handler...
On Aug 3, 2011 11:07 AM, "Matthew Chalmers" <matthew.chalmers at owasp.org>
wrote:
> This prompted me to re-visit appsecusa.org. I actually tried scanning the
QR
> [...]
>> - Paulo
>>
>> Paulo Coimbra,
>> OWASP Project Manager
>>

>> From: mark curphey <mark at curphey.com>
>> Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 21:44:47 -0700
>> To: Paulo Coimbra <pcoimbra at owasp.org>
>> Cc: Dinis Cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>, Jason Li <jason.li at owasp.org>
>> Subject: Re: OWASP Keynote Videos from Chapters
>>
>> That is awesome. So here is an email I would love for you to be able to
>> send on my behalf.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> About 10 years ago I seeded an idea in a few peoples minds which has
grown
>> into the OWASP you all know today. I am lucky enough to be doing the
>> keynote celebrating the 10th anniversary of OWASP at AppSecUSA (and btw
>> happy to deliver the same talk to others around the world, schedules
>> permitting) and I am asking for your help. The theme of my talk will be
>> "Community the Killer App" in which I will reflect on how the OWASP
>> community has organized and mobilized online and in person. In my talk I
>> plan to use a series of videos from both well known technology people and
>> set of videos from the OWASP community itself. I need your help in
pulling
>> together videos from the OWASP community from the Chapters you run.
>> Specifically I am looking for two things:
>>
>> 1. Personal stories - I know that over the years OWASP has affected many
>> people personally. I have heard stories about people who found the
project
>> and went back to higher education as a result of it, I have heard stories
>> about people that have started companies in software security after
getting
>> inspired by OWASP, heard about people that learned appsec in India and
gone
>> on to get very well paid jobs in the US based on their skills and I have
>> heard about people earning a living based on OWASP material. I have heard
>> about OWASP teams working to help charities get secure and so on. I would
>> love to be able to share a few of these stories. The more interesting the
>> story the better and the more global or humble in nature the better. Its
>> amazing set of people and I want to hear from the amazing. I am asking
you
>> as chapter leaders to help me find those stories by contacting your
chapters
>> or talking to your members and working with me to record a short video
>> message from them that I can use in my talk.
>>
>> 2. Chapters Around the World - I want to put together a quick collage of
>> video messages from chapters around the world. The idea will be to do a
>> short visit to all the countries where OWASP has a presence and get a
quick
>> hello message from each chapter. I am asking for each chapter leader to
work
>> with me on a short video message of your chapter saying "hello from the
XXX
>> OWASP chapter" in your native language. We have chapters in amazing
>> locations around the world so if anyone will get creative and record your
>> message in-front of global landmarks (Athens and the Acropolis as an
>> example, Dubai by the Jumeriah, Sydney by the Opera house of Harbor
bridge
>> etc) all the better but you can't organize a landmark video then simply a
>> message from your local chapter meeting will be great as well. Line them
>> all up, have them all shout "hello from the XXX OWASP chapter" in their
>> native language and I will then edit these videos together to get a
montage
>> that will show the sheer global diversity and reach of the OWASP Project.
>>
>> I am also interested in any video material people have of chapter
activity
>> that I can edit into the film clip. Maybe people have done socials, beers
>> nights, go-kart events etc.
>>
>> I will accept any video formats (I will be editing with Final Cut on OSX)
>> but the better quality the video and the more creative the better. If you
>> can help me (and I really hope ALL chapters will come through on this)
you