[Owasp-leaders] AppSec Latam 2011 - Call for presentations
lucas at sapao.net
Wed Apr 27 09:41:43 EDT 2011
**OWASP APPSEC LATAM 2011**
**CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS**
OWASP is currently soliciting presentations for the OWASP AppSec Latam
2011 Conference that will take place at PUC-RS in Porto Alegre, RS,
Brazil on October 4th through 7th, 2011. There will be training
courses on October 4th and 5th followed by plenary sessions on the 6th
and 7th with each day having one single track.
We are seeking people and organizations that want to present on any of
the following topics (in no particular order), or any other topics
related to application security:
- Application Threat Modeling
- Business Risks with Application Security
- Hands-on Source Code Review
- Metrics for Application Security
- OWASP Tools and Projects
- Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage
- Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET)
- Starting and Managing Secure Development Lifecycle Programs
- Technology specific presentations on security such as AJAX, XML, etc
- Web Application Security countermeasures
- Web Application Security Testing
- Web Services-, XML- and Application Security
- Anything else relating to OWASP and Application Security
To make a submission you must fill out the form available at
and submit through the easychair conference interface at
Each presenter will have 45 minutes for the presentation, followed by
10 minutes reserved for questions from the audience. The presentations
must respect the restrictions of the OWASP Speaker Agreement.
Submission deadline is July 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM (UTC/GMT -3).
Notification of acceptance is August 5, 2011.
Presentation slides are due September 19, 2011.
The conference organization team may be contacted by email at
appsec2011 (at) appseclatam.org
For more information, please see the following web pages:
Conference Website: https://www.appseclatam.org or
OWASP Speaker Agreement: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Speaker_Agreement
OWASP Website: http://www.owasp.org
Easychair conference site:
Presentation proposal form:
********** WARNING: Submissions without the information requested in
the proposal form will not be considered ************
Please forward to all interested practitioners and colleagues.
More information about the OWASP-Leaders