[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Threat Modeling Project - Call for Volunteers/Contributors

Anurag Agarwal (OWASP) anurag.agarwal at owasp.org
Mon Apr 4 15:06:41 EDT 2011

Hi John - Thanks for your feedback. I am very happy to see different people
are writing books on threat modeling (I know Tony/Marco are working on a
book too). This is going to be very helpful in bringing it mainstream. As
for OWASP threat Modeling methodology, I am more interested in implementing
it in SDL phase rather than for pen testers. In my view, the output of
Threat Modeling should be consumed by pen testers and not the other way
round.

Different methodologies can be useful for people who are highly experienced
in this field but having an OWASP methodology will help numerous companies
to agree upon a common approach and can serve as a starting point. Once they
become mature, they can explore other options.

One of my objective in this project is to bring people like yourself, Marco,
Tony, Edward, etc who are already doing a lot of Threat Modeling in their
companies or at their clients, and use their knowledge and experiences to
come up with a practical threat modeling methodology as a first release and
mature it over a period of time based on the feedback from the community.

I will definitely check out the resources that you mentioned and maybe we
can cross reference for everyone to see each other's work.

Thanks,

Anurag Agarwal
MyAppSecurity Inc
Cell - 919-244-0803