[Owasp-leaders] Reaching developers = cooperative hackathons

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Sep 10 10:34:21 EDT 2010

I’d be happy to see both styles of Top 10’s developed.

Regarding the Top 10 for Mobile. I’d love for a group of mobile security experts to explore whether it truly is different than the existing Top 10 and why. And then let us know what they have discovered and have that reviewed by the community. If the rough consensus is that it is truly different, then it would be great to write one. If the consensus is that it is very similar, maybe we should write an ‘interpretation’ of the Top 10 in the Mobile environment, or if, we decide its essentially the same set of risks, then we should state that publicly on the wiki.

I don’t know which way it will fall, but I’d love to hear what people think on this subject.

-Dave

To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org

Does anyone else think starting a project to create a Top Ten list for Software Architects has merit? Since my past project of starting a certification resulted in a fail, I am game to try again and see if we can create a win…

James McGovern
Insurance SBU

Virtusa Corporation

100 Northfield Drive, Suite 305 | Windsor, CT | 06095

Phone:  860 688 9900 Ext:  1037 | Facsimile:  860 688 2890