[Owasp-leaders] R: Hackid Conference

James McGovern JMcGovern at virtusa.com
Wed Sep 8 08:38:38 EDT 2010

I have several thoughts:

1.       Yes, I will be working with Chris to not only see if we can
find volunteers from the OWASP Chapters in Hartford and Boston but also
to figure out how to get the OWASP logo marketed as part of this event J

2.       I would like to see the conference committee figure out how to
incorporate this same type of theme into the conference next week as
well as the upcoming DC event. This will help us attract additional
attention. If we can get some kids activities on the agenda, then I
don't mind figuring out how to attract additional media attention as
well.

3.       My son is interested in this event not just because of
security, but because Chris and many of the infosec professionals in
Boston area are also jiu-jitsu fanatics. Wouldn't it rock if we could
have an after-party at the conference where attendees put on fat suits
and do sumo or the BJJ crowd does a little grappling? I know that
Jeremiah Grossman is into Jiu-Jitsu but don't know who else

4.       Does OWASP have enough budget to pick up the cost for a few
kids sized t-shirts with the OWASP logo on them? We know that TV news is
attracted to anything having a positive influence on kids and we
shouldn't miss out on having our logo displayed to a wider audience

James McGovern
Insurance SBU

Virtusa Corporation

100 Northfield Drive, Suite 305 | Windsor, CT | 06095

Phone:  860 688 9900 Ext:  1037 | Facsimile:  860 688 2890

  <http://www.virtusa.com/>    <http://www.virtusa.com/blog/>
<https://twitter.com/VirtusaCorp>
<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/virtusa>
<http://www.facebook.com/VirtusaCorp>

A: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Oggetto: Re: [Owasp-leaders] Hackid Conference

Sounds good, James is this a project/effort you would like to lead?

:)

Dinis Cruz

On 7 September 2010 14:37, James McGovern <JMcGovern at virtusa.com> wrote:

http://www.hackid.org/HacKid/HacKid_Home.html This is an event started
by Chris Hoff, Chief Security Architect of Cisco that attempts to teach
various forms of security to kids. Right now, OWASP is primarily focused
on teaching security to adults in professional settings. Wouldn't it be
great if we figured out how to partner with organizations who are
teaching security at a younger age?

James McGovern
Insurance SBU

Virtusa Corporation

100 Northfield Drive, Suite 305 | Windsor, CT | 06095

Phone:  860 688 9900 Ext:  1037 | Facsimile:  860 688 2890

Error! Filename not specified. <http://www.virtusa.com/>  Error!
Filename not specified. <http://www.virtusa.com/blog/>  Error! Filename
not specified. <https://twitter.com/VirtusaCorp>  Error! Filename not
specified. <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/virtusa>  Error! Filename
not specified. <http://www.facebook.com/VirtusaCorp>

Virtusa was recently ranked and featured in 2010 Global Services 100,
IAOP's 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 sub-list, 2009 Deloitte Technology
Fast 500 and 2009 Dataquest-IDC Best Employers Survey among others.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential
intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized disclosure, use,
dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its
attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete this message.

Virtusa was recently ranked and featured in 2010 Global Services 100, IAOP's 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 sub-list, 2009 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and 2009 Dataquest-IDC Best Employers Survey among others.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.