[Owasp-leaders] Reaching developers = cooperative hackathons

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Sep 6 02:19:25 EDT 2010

Great initiative :)

So for the other chapters that want to replicate the model (Justin???
London?? :)  ), can you share more operational details?

   - What environment did you had (from a technology and process point of
   view). For example, was it similar to what Martin is doing with the CTF?
   - How did you communicated to the Developers what they were going to do?
   - What did the developers do on those two days?  Was it just "come on,
   bring your laptop, do/code what you want to do, and show the result in the
   end"?
   - Any changes from the original plan?
   - What (if any) OWASP materials and projects did you use?
   - Where did security fit in these?
   - What could be done (from OWASP point of view) to improve it?
   - Have OWASP books there,
      - have a couple computers preloaded with OWASP materials,
      - etc...
   - you mention a WIKI page, is that shared to the world? (is it available
   before?)
   - favor: can you translate:
   http://owaspsweden.blogspot.com/2010/09/cmtyhack-ii-ar-over.htm<http://owaspsweden.blogspot.com/2010/09/cmtyhack-ii-ar-over.html>?
:)

This fits really nice with the 'Bring a developer to an OWASP conference' ,
in fact maybe the overal program/initiative should be called 'Bring OWASP to
developers'

Dinis Cruz