[Owasp-leaders] Reaching developers = cooperative hackathons

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Sun Sep 5 22:03:25 EDT 2010

This is a really cool idea.  Would be great to reach out to a bunch of open
source projects and offer them free time to work side-by-side with some
application security experts.  We could do some adhoc testing of their
software, teach them how to find vulnerabilities, and work with them on
defending against the T10 and more with some strong security controls.

Great idea - even though I'd prefer not to call this a "hackathon" J   How
about a "bootcamp" or something positive?

--Jeff

--
Mark Bristow

OWASP Global Conferences Committee Chair - http://is.gd/5MTvF