[Owasp-leaders] HELP! HELP! HELP! >>>> OWASP Secure Coding Practices - Quick Reference Guide >>>> We need Volunteers - Reviewers

Brad Causey bradcausey at owasp.org
Thu Sep 2 11:18:54 EDT 2010


Jim,

Can we rely on you to give it the "once over" before going into release
status?

-Brad Causey
CISSP, MCSE, C|EH, CIFI, CGSP

http://www.owasp.org
--
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
--


On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:

> One quick note: this guide gives dangerous advice (HTML Entity Encode all
> data sent to the client). It should advise contextual encoding.
>
> Jim Manico
> jim at manico.net
>
> On Sep 2, 2010, at 1:30 AM, "Paulo Coimbra" <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>
> wrote:
>
>  Leaders,
>
>
>
> We have called before for volunteers to review the recently created *OWASP
> Secure Coding Practices - Quick Reference Guide*, led by *Keith Turpin *and
> had none positive responses.
>
>
>
> Please glance at this important project, which is a Boeing donation, and
> consider volunteering to act as Reviewer alongside Matt Tesauro to assess
> whether or not we can consider it as being of Stable quality.
>
>
>
> Please note the assessment process is not that complex and simply consists
> in answering the questions posed in the following link:
>
>
>
>
> <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide/Releases/SCP_v1/Assessment#tab=First_Reviewer>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide/Releases/SCP_v1/Assessment#tab=First_Reviewer
>
>
>
>  Please do let us know if you are up to take the challenge. To do so,
> please fill in the following link using one of the available positions aka
> volunteers[1-10].
>
>
>
>
> <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Reviewers_Database#tab=Project_Reviewers.2FVolunteers>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Reviewers_Database#tab=Project_Reviewers.2FVolunteers
>
>
>
> Many thanks, regards,
>
>
>
> Paulo Coimbra,
>
> OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>
>
>
>
> *From:* Paulo Coimbra [mailto:paulo.coimbra at owasp.org]
> *Sent:* terça-feira, 31 de Agosto de 2010 20:30
> *To:* 'owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org <%27owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>'
> *Subject:* I am glad to announce I’ve just set a new project up – the
> OWASP Secure Coding Practices - Quick Reference Guide, led by Keith Turpin.
> Please welcome him!
>
>
>
> Leaders,
>
>
>
> I am glad to announce I’ve just set a new project up – the *OWASP Secure
> Coding Practices - Quick Reference Guide*, led by *Keith Turpin*.* *Please
> welcome him!
>
> * *
>
>
> <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide#tab=Project_About>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide#tab=Project_About
>
>
>
> <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Keith_Turpin>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Keith_Turpin
>
>
>
> As always, your suggestions and contributions would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
>
>
> In addition, this project already has a very mature release, *OWASP Secure
> Coding Practices - Quick Reference Guide/Version 1.0, *which* *is* *under
> formal assessment and seeking Stable Release status.
>
>
>
>
> <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide/Releases/Current>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide/Releases/Current
>
>
>
>
> <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide/Releases/SCP_v1/Assessment>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Coding_Practices_-_Quick_Reference_Guide/Releases/SCP_v1/Assessment
>
>
>
> What’s more, Matt Tesauro already volunteered to act as Second Reviewer in
> his quality of Board Member but we are still in need of a First Reviewer.
> Please do let us know if you are up to take the challenge. To do so, please
> fill in the following link using one of the available positions aka
> volunteers[1-10].
>
>
>
>
> <http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Reviewers_Database#tab=Project_Reviewers.2FVolunteers>
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Project_Reviewers_Database#tab=Project_Reviewers.2FVolunteers
>
>
>
> Many thanks, regards,
>
>
>
> Paulo Coimbra,
>
> OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/attachments/20100902/f3ca629c/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the OWASP-Leaders mailing list