[Owasp-leaders] IRC channel for chapter, any experiences?

Tony UV tonyuv at owasp.org
Fri Oct 22 11:29:52 EDT 2010

We started it in Atlanta, but it didn't last terribly long - perhaps a good
year. The problem was that relevant chats were inconsistent and were blocked
often from most of our professional attendee's companies. After a while, it
quickly became an IRC for those on my leadership council in Atlanta.  I do
suggest creating a regional IRC that may encompass more OWASP members and
create more meaningful traffic for those that subscribe to it.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Tony UcedaVelez, CISM, CISA, GSEC
Chapter Lead