[Owasp-leaders] Rochester Security Summit end panel
andrea.cogliati at owasp.org
Thu Oct 14 10:10:57 EDT 2010
Next week we'll have our 5th Rochester Security Summit (http://rochestersecurity.org), organized by OWASP, ISSA and ISACA. It looks like we are sold out for the 3rd year in a row, with 220 attendees.
I'll be representing OWASP at the end panel. This is the list of questions we'll discuss. Any suggestion or insight is much appreciated.
- This year’s theme is “Emerging Threats”. What emerging threats do you perceive, and how is the threat landscape changing?
- Overall how are we, as security professionals doing? Are most of our organizations facing less risk now or more risk now then 5 years ago and why?
- What mitigation strategies would you recommend? What are some of the most important things that organizations can do to better protect themselves given?
- Do you believe that older threats are no longer a concern?
- Where are we making progress in securing our information and our networks?
- What do you feel are the benefits of Security Awareness to organizational information security?
- What role do you see professional organizations such as ISSA, ISACA, OWASP, and others fulfilling?
More information about the OWASP-Leaders