[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Code of Ethics

James McGovern JMcGovern at virtusa.com
Wed Oct 13 16:36:25 EDT 2010

Several thoughts:

1.       Would it be beneficial if we could align it with the work that
Jeff is doing with Rugged Software Manifesto?

2.       The way I used to articulate this type of thing in my old
stomping grounds was summarized by the notion of DUTY TO PROTECT. If you
were to think about tradeoffs, perception management is important, but
the duty to protect is more important. It is way too easy for OWASP
knowledgeable folks to look the other way when we see security defects
and to not be viewed as an impediment to project delivery.  The
"industry pressure" is the right theme but could be refined a little bit
more.  This is especially important when you are in an environment with
lots of executives from Accenture J

3.       It is good to maintain the confidentiality of information
received. It is better to noodle how it can be made open without full
disclosure such that others can learn from it.

James McGovern
Insurance SBU

Virtusa Corporation

100 Northfield Drive, Suite 305 | Windsor, CT | 06095

Phone:  860 688 9900 Ext:  1037 | Facsimile:  860 688 2890

  <http://www.virtusa.com/>    <http://www.virtusa.com/blog/>
<https://twitter.com/VirtusaCorp>
<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/virtusa>
<http://www.facebook.com/VirtusaCorp>