[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Tinyurl Service (Was Short url)

Ferdinand Vroom ferdinand.vroom at owasp.org
Tue Oct 12 15:24:33 EDT 2010

I was not asking for a url shortening service, allthough the service might
be a sollution to my question when it's implemented just for url's within
the owasp.org domain.
I am not looking for a url shortening service like bit.ly or tiny url, etc.

We, the organisers of the OWASP BeNeLux conference are looking for a shorter
url for the conference wiki page.
It's now: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/BeNeLux_OWASP_Day_2010.
You know how vulnerable those kind of long and complex url's are for
phishing scams...
We would like something as short as: http://www.owasp.org/benelux

So we are not asking for a url shortening service which creates url's in the
owasp.org domain for url's outside the owasp domain. Those are far more
complex to maintain and easier to compromise.

Greetings,

Ferdinand
OWASP Netherlands Chapter