[Owasp-leaders] I am glad to announce I've just set a new project up - OWASP Secure Web Application Framework Manifesto, led by Rohit Sethi.

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at aspectsecurity.com
Mon Oct 11 12:16:54 EDT 2010

Craig Younkins developed the ESAPI for Python project so I think you
should definitely coordinate with him.

I think integrating ESAPI for Python into or with Django would be a
great first example of ESAPI integration into a framework. ESAPI
integration with frameworks (like Spring in the Java world) is a
critical next step for ESAPI.

Rohit - do you think having this as a separate project for ESAPI makes
sense, or should we have this be an adjunct to ESAPI. I thinking that
having them related to would provide more visibility to both projects.
But I'm interested in your thoughts.

-Dave

To: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Cc: Sethi, Rohit; Chan, Yuk Fai; Tom Aratyn; Patrick Szeto
Subject: I am glad to announce I've just set a new project up - OWASP
Secure Web Application Framework Manifesto, led by Rohit Sethi.

Leaders,

I am glad to announce I've just set a new project up - the OWASP Secure
Web Application Framework Manifesto, led by Rohit Sethi. Please welcome
his new OWASP initiative!

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Secure_Web_Application_Framework_Ma
nifesto#tab=Project_About

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Rksethi

As always, your suggestions and contributions would be greatly
appreciated.

In addition, this project already has a very mature release, OWASP
Secure Web Application Framework Manifesto/Version v0.08 - please glance
at it.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Secure_Web_Application_Fra
mework_Manifesto/Releases/Current

If the project leader and his contributors ultimately decide to have
this release assessed as I am counting on, I will update you.

Many thanks, regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>