[Owasp-leaders] I am glad to announce I've just set a new project up - OWASP Secure Web Application Framework Manifesto, led by Rohit Sethi.

Sethi, Rohit rohit at securitycompass.com
Mon Oct 11 11:53:36 EDT 2010

Leaders,

We believe that building the right controls into web application frameworks will drive more secure applications. Our intent is to move this effort beyond documentation and into real code - starting with building many of these requirements to the Django framework or a spin-off. This is a particularly important opportunity for students and researchers who wish to make a real impact to secure application development.  We are interested in reaching out the Django community to get their buy-in on this. If you have contacts with their developers please let us know.

We will soon be looking for people to help review this project and move it into a stable release. Please also let me know if you are interested in this regard.

Thank you,

Rohit Sethi
Director, Professional Services
Security Compass