[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Tinyurl Service (Was Short url)

Neil Matatall neil at owasp.org
Mon Oct 11 11:33:15 EDT 2010

Would there be any interest in developing an OWASP tinyurl service?  It
might be a good way to use the brand to promote security with the potential
for damage if a nasty link gets through.

There would have to be...

   - an approval process (so there would be very few links actually
   "endorsed")
   - a review and alerting process in the case that a site gets compromised
   - an endorsement of the source by multiple members/leaders
   - etc

I think I just talked myself out of this but it could be useful and a way to
get a little more brand recognition out there.  My vote would be that this
is too cumbersome and the potential impact is a little too big for my
comfort.  Nevertheless, I would like to discuss this if others are willing
and interested.

Neil

--

--