[Owasp-leaders] Proximity of "First OWASP DAY - Chile 2010"

James McGovern JMcGovern at virtusa.com
Mon Oct 4 15:24:06 EDT 2010

1.       The more people, the better. Figure out ways to cross-market this event to the ISACA, ISSA, BDPA, SIM, PMI, etc chapters in Chile. If it requires adding say a PM to the agenda to have a little something for everyone on topics such as managing a secure SDLC then so be it

2.       Blast, spam, etc everyone who is an IT professional in Chile using sites such as LinkedIn. Most humans sit on "invites" till the last minute and of course it is usually too late for them to "forward" to others.

3.       Send invites out as a calendar invite and not an email. Remove the burden of folks "remembering" to put on calendar

4.       Forward the calendar invites to local newspaper reporters as well

5.       Ping Microsoft, HP, etc and ask for them to contribute door prizes to be used in raffles. Merchandising is not necessary.

6.       Make sure your slides contains lots of marquee names. For example, it will be more impressive if you quote the number of chapters and even mention some of the names (e.g. Boston to Bangalore) and even some of the companies that participate (e.g. PayPal, Virtusa, Boeing, etc) through space donation or other local means

7.       Do something really bold like asking the most prominent politican and CIO to perform your keynote. The media will follow...

James McGovern
Insurance SBU

Virtusa Corporation

100 Northfield Drive, Suite 305 | Windsor, CT | 06095

Phone:  860 688 9900 Ext:  1037 | Facsimile:  860 688 2890

  <http://www.virtusa.com/>    <http://www.virtusa.com/blog/>    <https://twitter.com/VirtusaCorp>    <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/virtusa>    <http://www.facebook.com/VirtusaCorp>

e-Mail: carlos.allendes at owasp.org
Móvil :  (56-09) 7877 1633
Skype: carlos_allendes_droguett

   * If not now, when?" [The Talmud]*

Virtusa was recently ranked and featured in 2010 Global Services 100, IAOP's 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 sub-list, 2009 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and 2009 Dataquest-IDC Best Employers Survey among others.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.