[Owasp-leaders] (New Version of O2 Subscription model) Re: O2 Platform Subscription Model

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Fri Oct 1 12:08:32 EDT 2010

Hi, firstly I would like to thank your support in this thread (specially to
Michael who provided a great analysis (included below))

Following the feedback provided (namely that you were OK with the
Subscription model but asked to remove the OWASP membership stuff), I've
just launched an updated model which you can read on this blog entry Update
on O2 Subscription
Model<http://diniscruz.blogspot.com/2010/10/update-on-o2-subscription-model.html>and
see on this O2
- Commercial Services
presentation<http://s3.amazonaws.com/O2_MiscFiles/O2++-+Commercial+Services+%28AppSec+DC%29.pdf>

(As with the previous version please note that this is an OWASP experiment.
We are trying to figure out a funding model for OWASP Projects (with O2
leading the way, but more to follow))

Now that I have been living with this idea for a while (and the fact that
finally people understand my answer to *'What is O2 and what are you
seeling?'*) I think that the *'Open Source Tool/API Customization per
Subscriber'* model (where each subscriber gets a targeted version) could
actually be a great funding model not only for OWASP projects but also for
other Open Source projects/APIs (including the many that O2
consumes/exposes). What do you think?

Dinis Cruz