[Owasp-leaders] [Global_education_committee] Commercialdelivery of courses based on OWASP materials

Andre Gironda andreg at gmail.com
Sun May 23 13:20:04 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Mike Boberski <mike.boberski at gmail.com> wrote:
> All we're really shooting for here is a phone book, one that's sorted
> according to some OWASP artifacts as they are currently categorized, to try
> to nudge the planet along in adoption of them, to get consumers of services
> of those types to ask for them.

Mike,

I agree with many others sentiments on this one. This is not a good idea.

If you want a phonebook, go pay for a Gartner or Forrester report such
as this one:
http://www.forrester.com/rb/Research/techradar%26trade%3B_for_srm_professionals_application_security%2C_q3/q/id/48394/t/2
Work with a business process consultancy or strategy consulting
organization that specializes and has experience in application
security.

We've already got a phonebook -- it's our "OWASP Members" List..

We might as well just re-name this project to "Sarcastic Commercial
Services Unapproved by OWASP" and have listings such as:

Vendor / What Vendor Does / What OWASP Thinks They Do
-
WhiteHot, AppScan SaaS, Best and Only AppScan SaaS Service Ever!
Aspex, We Do Everything, We Host the OWASP Servers! Hire Us!
Cigitall, We Do Everything for the Top 30 Companies in the World, ??? (PROFIT?)
Fortifunk, Magic Static Analysis Crazy Words That Scan Code and Find
All The Bugs, ??? (PROFIT?)