[Owasp-leaders] OWASP 2010 Membership Drive

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Sat May 22 08:30:51 EDT 2010

2010/5/22 Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org>

> As you should be aware, when a member signs up and pays $50.00 40% or $20
> of that fee goes back to YOUR local chapter.  In addition to the winning
> chapter also gets $500.00 usd added to its chapter funds.

I am aware. But I never get an email saying "As of April 30 you have USD XXX
on your local chapter account" nor do I know *how* to spend them. Invoicing
though Alison? The Chapter Handbook says nothing on how to practically use
the chapter's money (Chapter Handbook: Managing
Money<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook:_Managing_Money>
).

I'm not saying you should fix this, Tom :). But chapter leaders will not
experience this as a working system until they get information pushed their
way. Having everyone pull the information doesn't work.

If I'd get the monthly email saying how many new members we got and how much
money that means I'd definitely communicate it to the chapter and ask more
to become members. Then we could discuss within the chapter what we should
spend the money on.

   /John

--
John Wilander