[Owasp-leaders] July Newsletter

Helen Gao owasp.li at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 11:40:37 EDT 2010

Lorna,

Here it is.  Please let me know if you have any related question.

Colleagues,

OWASP will host its first China summit in Beijing China on Oct 20-23, 2010,
with two days of training followed by two days of conference. The summit
will gather security experts, executives, technical thought leaders,
developers, scientists and researchers from major Chinese and global
organizations across various verticals including government, information
technology, services and consulting, telecommunications, finance,
e-commerce, Internet, universities and research institutes. About 800 people
are expected to attend the summit, which will be covered by major news
media. Panel discussions, vendor exhibit, and dinners will be held at the
summit, providing sufficient networking opportunities.

We are seeking presentations in any of the following areas: (Suggestions are
welcome)

   1. Business and Application Security Industry Analysis and Trends

   2. Business Risks and Application Security
   3. Common Application Threats, Risks, Vulnerabilities and Countermeasures
   4. Secure Software Development Life Cycle Programs and Processes

   5. Application Security Assessment and Penetration Testing
   6. Secure Coding Practices and Security code Review
   7. Platform and Technology Specific Security Issues (Web Services, AJAX,
XML, etc.)

   8. Application Security Platforms and Projects
   9. Application Security Tools: application scanners, web application
firewalls, database scanners, etc
   10. Anything Related to OWASP and Application Security.

Call for training is also open. Sponsorship opportunities are available. An
exhibit hall will be held at the summit for vendor booths and presentations.
For additional information, please see the conference website at:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_China_Summit_2010

If you have any questions and suggestions, please contact the summit
organization team at: china-conference at lists.owasp.org.

The OWASP China Summit 2010 Organization Team
china-conference at lists.owasp.org

--
Helen Gao