[Owasp-leaders] Commercial delivery of courses based on OWASP materials

AF antonio.fontes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 18:03:42 EDT 2010

So many messages around this topic...wow! : )

An alternative/complementary idea: why not help trainers by improving their
relation with OWASP material?

If the goal is to reduce liars/clowns/penguins present on the market, then
an idea would be writing up "training projects":
- OWASP Top 10 project -> OWASP Top 10 training project
- OWASP Code Review project -> OWASP Code Review training project
- and so on.

For example, how many hours does Eoin think of a good way of teaching his
document? What would be the syllabus? What would be the slides he thinks as
a good way of teaching code review? and so on.
Each "training" project would be associated with a "documentation/tool"
project, which aims at formalizing the training according to OWASP's quality
expectations.
And if the real worry isn't the brand afterall, but the money (I still don't
see why this matter doesn't come up on the table), we still can build up
"training packages" at reasonable price.

Why is it that I still can't order 20 printed copies of the OWASP Top 10
2010 and give them to all participants at my next training session?

2 cents, as usual!

Antonio

--
this email was sent with an iPhone counterfeit
http://twitter.com/starbuck3000