[Owasp-leaders] Commercial delivery of courses based on OWASP materials

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Jun 9 15:59:20 EDT 2010

++Andrew

Thanks, Andrew. I'm a big fan of this direction. It's inline with open
source and 501c3 values and keeps the brand "clean".

The main issue that has come up over "guarding the brand" is the expense
to "legally challenge" those who are not using the brand with integrity.

I think a "wall of shame" at OWASP which describes brand use violations
may be enough for now. Or for the whitelist inclined, we could provide a
list of those who ARE using the brand with integrity implying that all
others are not.

I prefer "responsible open" not "goatse open" when it comes to the OWASP
Brand.

- Jim

--
Jim Manico