[Owasp-leaders] Call for comments: US FedRAMP process

Rex Booth rex.booth at owasp.org
Mon Dec 27 13:46:02 EST 2010

All,

We've had some good comments onthis standard thus far, but could use the
insight of the more technical among us.  Here's a sample of some of the
issues we'd like to address in our comments to the government:

1) /_CP-9 Information System Backup_/: This is going to be a big change
for the government as they aren't in control of their backups anymore.
Does OWASP have any expertise?

/2) _RA-5 Vulnerability Scanning_/: Most commercial apps are scanning
much more frequently than quarterly.Do we have best practices we can
point to?

/3) _SC-4 Information in Shared Resources_: /We could use some expertise
here and how this relates to "multi-tenant" applications?  Does OWASP
have any advice on a) multi-tenant databases b) run-time execution on
the same instance of code or c) different customers housed on the same
hardware (virtual or physical)?

On the non-technical side, we also have some good questions:

1)What happens if a cloud provider goes bankrupt? Bankruptcy laws will
make certain things "discoverable"

2)What happens in a discovery situation where the provider receives a
court order to look at a server? How is private data of others protected?

Please consider joining our review team and help OWASP build its brand
in the US Federal sector!

Thanks,
Rex