[Owasp-leaders] Creating OWASP 4.0!

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Dec 13 05:54:30 EST 2010

John, can you work with Sarah Baso (sarah.baso at owasp.org) on creating
the "No Fluff just stuff" Track for the Summit? We talked about it last
night and she is already fully briefed on the need to create this.

I love your idea and concept and I agree that the Summit is the perfect
place to kick-start it.

Within the current Summit schedule I think we could run this on the Wed and
Thu, with Tue having at least a planning session and Fri a wrap-up session.

For the Summit, I don't think you will be able to get all facilitators there
all day (or in 6 of the 8 session) since they will probably be involved in
other sessions that might be happening in parallel (this is a problem that
you will only have at the Summit, since for the follow-up editions these 'No
Fluff just Stuff' days would happen independently'). That said, we need to
get a dedicated team just for this Track that will be running it and be
around 90% of the time.

What I really like about this idea is that it is a great attraction for
developers and architects to come to the Summit, since your 8x session list
is answering the questions these guys have in the real world today (once we
start having confirmed attendees to this track it might be a good idea to
ask them what topics they are more interested in).

I also would like to have a 30m to 1h Working Session on:

   - how to scale this idea,
   - how to get sponsorship for it and
   - schedule at least two following 'No Fluff just Stuff' days in 2010

Dinis Cruz