[Owasp-leaders] developers, Developers, DEVELOPERS!

James McGovern JMcGovern at virtusa.com
Fri Dec 10 09:00:45 EST 2010

Figured I would provide a different perspective on why security isn't sexy.

If you have had the privilege of being an employee of a large Fortune enterprise, you would come to understand that AT BEST a developer spends 25% of their time actually writing code. Anything additional just feels like just another opportunity (sarcastic) to explain a technical concept to a non-technical IT executive. Developers would take more interest in security if we could help them be more agile. Right now Infosec professionals are making the process worse and the auditors most certainly aren't agile.

James McGovern
http://twitter.com/mcgoverntheory

Virtusa was recently ranked and featured in 2010 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, 2010 Global Services 100, IAOP's 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 sub-list and 2010 FinTech 100 among others.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.