[Owasp-leaders] developers, Developers, DEVELOPERS!

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Dec 9 13:23:20 EST 2010

There are plenty of active developers (primarily Java dev's) who volunteer for OWASP building secure coding libraries!

AntiSamy was authored by Jason Li and Arshan D. This is a fairly complex piece of code for HTML policy validation.

CSRFGuard was written by Eric Sheridan, its a JavaScript tool, primarily for injecting security tokens into HTML pages for CSRF defense.

ESAPI was started by Jeff Williams and is managed by myself, Chris Beef and Kevin Wall. Its an epic secure coding library that covers a wide range of secure coding needs. There are about a dozen active dev's in the Java project alone.

And there are more.

The dev's at OWASP tend to be more on the introverted side, but they are here and participate by •doing•.

Do you how crazy tough it is to get smart dev's to participate in open source projects? We are lucky that OWASP has so many under the hood donating time for us...

-Jim Manico
http://manico.net