[Owasp-leaders] Creating OWASP 4.0!

Yiannis Pavlosoglou yiannis at owasp.org
Wed Dec 8 12:46:50 EST 2010

Hi Jeff,

I think we need to take a step back; calm down a bit and establish a
bit more process in how we operate.

In the name of being "Open" I find that I spend less and less time on
the "Web Application Security" side of things every time I log into my
mailbox and/or talk to other leaders and/or committee members.

Examples:

1. The OWASP mailing list has mail from "What is OWASP?" (sorry Jim)
to technical issues and new tool releases. Surely a distinction must
be made.

2. We have real issues on establishing individual efforts and commits
to a particular task. Other organisations are also open and
transparent, why all the chaos with us?

Some suggested solutions:

I would like a way to be able to swap members (including myself) in
and out of the industry committee based on performance.

I would like a way to be able to challenge board members towards their
role and opinions in an open and transparent way

I would like a way to be able to say all the things which are finished
and/or pending regarding a particular task (technical or not)

Finishing work every day, I find myself logging into my owasp email
thinking I have to act on a secretarial basis, book meetings
coordinate matters that really have so little to do with the core
technical skillset that we all should be bringing to the table.

Damn, we can definitely do better than this!

Thank you,

Yiannis

--
Dr. Yiannis Pavlosoglou