[Owasp-leaders] OWASP American? [was: OWASP and WikiLeaks]

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Tue Dec 7 15:51:12 EST 2010

OWASP is without a doubt an international organization.  In 2008, the Global
Committees were created to help us make decisions that will be applicable to
all regions of the Globe.  If you look at the Committee pages, you will see
that many of the committees are US heavy.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Committee_Pages If there are area of
concern, specific to your region, please take this email as an invitation to
join a Committee and help the Foundation grow Globally.

One region that has stepped up and is working with their local government to
overcome many of the challenges that we all (global community) face is
Brazil.  Congratulations to this group for collectively working on resolving
some fairly significant hurdles (finance, taxes, language, etc) to bring
OWASP into their country!  They have now placed several chapter
leaders/participants on many of the global committees to help us continue to
overcome international challenges.  For example, Gustavo Barbato has just
been approved for the Global Chapter Committee.  In communicating with
Gustavo, he has told me that part of his purpose for joining this committee
is to help the foundation overcome international obstacles.

One note that I think Mark touched on and I sent a message out last week on
the registrations
we are transitioning to a new vendor that will allow any
time zone and any language to be displayed for your local meetings.  So,
this should resolve the language barriers on a local level.  If you need
help getting set up or using the system, please send me an email and I will
work with you.  So far we have the Malaysia, Alaska, Dublin, Atlanta,
Chennai, and the Orange County chapter leaders set up.  I would like to see
100% of our chapter leaders able to use this system.

Yes, John, the Swedish, German, and Portuguese nametags are tough.  J

Kate Hartmann

Operations Director

301-275-9403

 <http://www.owasp.org/> www.owasp.org