[Owasp-leaders] OWASP American? [was: OWASP and WikiLeaks]

Mark Bristow mark.bristow at owasp.org
Tue Dec 7 15:15:23 EST 2010

John,

I think you bring up some critical points.  OWASP is an international
organization, but the legal entity only exists in the United States.  As GCC
Chair, I'm mostly concerned with items 1 and 4 (not much I can do to change
people's behavior in point 3, for what it's worth, I correct people who
truncate the US from AppSec US).  I believe our new registration system can
handle internationalized characters, so #1 will be fixed soon :)  #4 IMO
this is a huge problem that needs to be resolved.  There are many, many
non-profit organizations who exist in many countries throughout the world,
there has to be some knowledge/experience out there to solve this issue, I
just know I don't have it.

-Mark

--
Mark Bristow