[Owasp-leaders] OWASP and WikiLeaks

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Tue Dec 7 14:41:37 EST 2010

Being the SWEDISH chapter leader, I'm pretty sure John knows that OWASP is a
global organization.

I think what John was alluding to is that the OWASP Foundation is a
registered 503(c) organization in the US that chapters and conferences
around the world leverage for financial and infrastructure support.

I am not a lawyer, but I believe John's point is that by being associated in
a leadership role with the OWASP organization, there could be some strange
unknown entanglements whereby through some crazy legal means, an OWASP
leader could be held accountable under US law, or some way in which OWASP's
status as a 503(c) organization could be compromised. Again, I'm not a
lawyer and I don't meant to speak for John either :)

Agreed with Arturo/Dave/Tom/et al.  There's nothing to be gained here in
that topic area or this thread of discussion.

-Jason