[Owasp-leaders] Web Application Security - Blind and Visually Impaired Persons

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Sun Dec 5 14:11:03 EST 2010

Petr

I spoke at AppSec Europe 2009 about "Can an accessible web application
be secure? Assessment issues for security testers, developers and
auditors", http://www.owasp.org/images/2/22/AppSecEU09_owasp_appsec_eu09_colin_watson_2.ppt.
In this I looked at WCAG2, to identify the types of issues that may
contribute to additional vulnerabilities. A key issue is that any
alternative ways to undertake a task must be equally "secure". And of
course "accessibility" does not just relate to people with
disabilities.

The Global Industry Committee has also just submitted a response to
the US DOJ "Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability
Provide - Accessibility of Web Information and Services of State and
Local Government Entities and Public Accommodations"

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Industry:DOJ_Nondiscrimination_on_the_Basis_of_Disability

Regards

Colin Watson