[Owasp-leaders] Follow-up >> FW: OWASP Academies.

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 10:14:43 EST 2010

Hi James,

I agree that just focusing on 'secure coding techniques' could mean
that students would completely miss the wider context of application
security.
However I'm not sure that forcing then to follow a fixed framework
that has to start with the higher level concepts is the answer.
I think that might put some people off.
Wouldnt it be better to allow multiple starting points?
That way if someone is just interested in secure coding then they can
learn about that. And hopefully then realise that they need to know
more as they progress.
Web security is a big topic, as we all know.
If training is broken down into modules then I realise some of them
could only realistically be taken after completing others, but I think
it would be good if we could allow for different starting points, even
if you have to take all of them to become a 'master'.

Cheers,

Psiinon