[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Consumer Reports Project

McGovern, James F. (P+C Technology) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Mon Apr 12 10:26:08 EDT 2010

I know that there are probably lots of negatives to the idea, I would
love for folks to help make them better. The outcome we should all
collectively seek is to make application security "visible" not just to
interested developers but to business executives and consumers as well.
Need to noodle ways for everyone on the planet that touches a computer
to understand when something is not right when it comes to web
application security.

For the record, The Hartford will not prosecute what I am proposing.
Historically speaking, I can tell you a certain chapter leader on this
list has probed one of our sites and found a few vulns. He sent it to me
and I was all over fixing it. As long as one is practicing responsible
disclosure and the intent isn't malicious...