[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Consumer Reports Project

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Mon Apr 12 09:51:17 EDT 2010

technically it would be IF the company was to promote security (hence use of ASVS) as a reason to do business with them.. that would be a marketing issue and another can of worms - have you ever talked about security to marketing people?  consumers expect security "like the brakes on the car" they don't want to know about the details of it.... of course we can go down a rabbit hole here on Government secrets vs. social media and risks and levels of controls.. but in the end that is where the BUYER has to perform there own level of review and due diligence, read the EULA etc.. (this could be aided by the provider).

Until then... http://datalossdb.org/index/latest is a collective list of problems

What a way to start a Monday James  ;)