[Owasp-leaders] Zone transfer

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Apr 12 01:27:59 EDT 2010

All,

I greatly appreciate the interest and concern in OWASP's security and
reputation. I'd like to take this opportunity to once again recognize
Larry's excellent support of the OWASP network and application
infrastructure over the years. Few of you will probably ever meet him, but
he has helped virtually all of us and we work under the blanket of his
protection every day!

Rest assured that Larry has been on top of the DNS situation for quite a
while and we just haven't been able to find another provider that is a
better fit for OWASP. This is a great case study in why vulnerabilities
aren't risks (as we have now hopefully made clear in the new T10 being
released very soon). You always have to consider the business context of any
vulnerability you discover. In this case, nobody has articulated a serious
risk to OWASP.

However, we are absolutely committed to making our infrastructure secure -
both for protection and as an example to others. We always welcome
constructive information about the security of our OWASP infrastructure.

Thanks Larry - great job as usual.

--Jeff