[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-guide] cheat sheets and the development guide

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Apr 1 08:33:29 EDT 2010

They were originally launched with the XSS cheat sheet and I found it useful
enough to create the SQL Injection cheat sheet. Then, when I was working on
the Top 10, I thought it would be great to have 1 per Top 10 item, so I've
encouraged the creation of more, and we now have about 5-6 of them. Some
topics are far to broad for a cheat sheet so getting to 10 probably won't
make sense. The Top 10 only has room for 1 page per top 10 item which isn't
very much so the cheat sheets allow me to provide more details on these
subjects in the Top 10 by reference, rather than direct inclusion.

I agree that the content is related to the Guide. My thoughts on the cheat
sheets were that they should be as short as they reasonably can be, in order
to serve as a quick reference, and that the guide would provide far more
detailed information. I could certainly imagine some of the deeper details
moving from the cheat sheets into the Guide in order to shorten the cheat
sheets/make them more concise, but I do think there is a benefit to having
them separate as quick references. The guide should certainly refer to them
as well, I would think.

-Dave

-----Original Message----- From: owasp-guide-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-guide-bounces at l...