[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Home Page Project

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Sep 27 14:04:44 EDT 2009

I think that redesigning the OWASP homepage is a prudent and valuable project to undertake. I'm also a huge fan of the Wiki, but someday the Wiki should be a feature of the website, not *the* website, IMO.

By the same token, such an undertaking is time consuming and expensive. We need a real team and budget to do it well.

I feel the focus of the homepage redsign should be simple - just make the OWASP tools and projects more prominent - possibly categorizing projects into a few buckets. In the interest of making WebAppSec more visible, a more prominent, consistent and well managed press section could be of benefit to our core mission.

The content of the OWASP homepage, IMO, is great. Even the overall layout is great. But a little Web 2.0 design and color would go a long way, I think. And this is not fluff - design and color are foundational elements of good web communication; and good communication - via visibility - is a core part of OWASP's mission.

Respectfully,
Jim