[Owasp-leaders] Other Ideas for Projects

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Wed Sep 23 13:12:42 EDT 2009

The vulnerability disclosure idea is a good project that could fall under
the OWASP Legal Project. I think we should try to give them everything they
need to run a good application security response center.  I'm thinking.

Application Security Response Program

1)      Text for website that encourages responsible disclosure and protects
researchers from lawsuit

2)      A runbook for actually handling reported vulnerabilities (template
emails, etc.)

3)      Guidance on metrics coming out of the program

4)      Guidance on performing rescues on operational applications

5)      . what else?

--Jeff

PS - Breakfast Serialz?  Seriously? Gimme a bowl of Hackios?  Leet Flakes?
Golden Graham Crackers?  And Tom Brennan's fav -- two scoopz of Kellog's
Raisin Hell?