[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Home Page Project

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Wed Sep 23 11:02:51 EDT 2009

My thoughts weren't to change the entire wiki, only the homepage...

________________________________

Sent by: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org

23/09/2009 12:46
Please respond to owasp-leaders

        To:        "owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org" <owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>
        cc:

I really like this project, and I think it's of big importance to the future of OWASP.

A couple of things:
1.       Design - We should have a design that looks good, but at the same time keeps traditional values related to security. These values need to be clear to whoever is doing the design. We can either hire a designer or crowd-source it as a competition (winner gets a free OWASP membership).
2.      The wiki itself - Are there better alternatives out there? I've been using atlassin confluence for quite some time, and it feels a lot better than the version of mediawiki we are currently using. Also I've heard it's easy to style to a new design. I guess Confluence is not free, but maybe we can get an "free for open source" license from them or something. Then again maybe there are newer versions of mediawiki have more functionality?

Erlend

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external email security system.

Allied Irish Banks

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Financial Regulator.  Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1 6600311; Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173