[Owasp-leaders] (who is looking after OWASP at Linked-in) Fwd: From Didier CRUETTE and other Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) group members on LinkedIn

Michael Menefee mmenefee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:16:38 EDT 2009

Dinis,

This is a good question and one that may ask the question: "does the
linkedin group require OWASP membership validation?" it seems to me that
most of the comments, articles and discussions on this group are geared
towards people who are not our typical OWASP members, but rather people
potentially interested in webappsec. I cant remember the validation process
for membership on this group, but Tom or Kate should be able to weigh in on
this topic....not that this is bad, if a linkedin group is the most
convenient way for some people to get webappsec news and info, I say "no
harm, no foul", this seems to support the overall goal of OWASP, which is to
promote web application security awareness...just my 2 cents.

Mike