[Owasp-leaders] Fortify hands-on demo/session at forthcoming OWASP Northern Virginia Chapter

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Thu Sep 17 11:30:45 EDT 2009

Many wonderful people work for vendors and can and should speak in OWASP
meetings, I myself spoke numerous times in OWASP conferences and meetings on
the WAF space when working for a WAF vendor. However there is a huge
difference between that and presenting your products. There isn't event a
speaker name tied to this event.

The distance between this event and reselling the OWASP brand name for
vendor luncheons and webinars is tiny if it exists at all. Let's not become
a marketing channel, there are enough of those out there.

~ Ofer Shezaf

OWASP Israel chapter leader

Global Chpater Committee