[Owasp-leaders] Fortify hands-on demo/session at forthcoming OWASP Northern Virginia Chapter

Justin Clarke justin.clarke at owasp.org
Thu Sep 17 11:14:07 EDT 2009

I think vendor presentations should be encouraged ­ within limits. For
example, OWASP meetings should never be a sales pitch. However, the majority
of vendors will usually have someone who can talk to the landscape and
problem area that their product solves. The best are knowledgeable about
what everyone else is up to in the space, and can speak and discuss the
topic without needing to refer to what their product actually is or does.

As its usually the problem space and potential solutions that we¹re
interested in ­ not the product itself, I imagine our membership is
intelligent enough to figure out that someone from a vendor probably has a
solution they are biased towards (if only because they know more about it).
And if they are interested in finding out more about that vendors solution -
that¹s why we usually have networking time after the meeting ­ they can go
ask the presenter for more information.

Justin
OWASP London cat herder