[Owasp-leaders] Mailing list madness

Rogan Dawes lists at dawes.za.net
Mon Sep 14 12:31:09 EDT 2009

Laurence Casey wrote:
>  This is normal behavior since I have a script that runs to make sure
> all lists are configured in a way to help reduce spam. I would prefer to
> keep it this way and not have a list with special exception. Their is
> not reason people should want to post to a list they are not subscribed
> to anyway.
>
> --Larry

Well, I take issue with the statement that people have no reason to want
to post to a list that they are not subscribed to. It is a fairly common
thing to have a single question, post to the list to get an answer, and
then vanish again.

That said, having moderated a list that was configured the way that
Pravir is asking for, it's really not worth the effort dealing with all
the spam that was previously being bounced, and now suddenly needs to be
moderated.

Larry's settings really are a good compromise between convenience for
the users and convenience for the list owner.

Rogan