[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Honorary Individual Membership

Matt Tesauro mtesauro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:08:54 EDT 2009

Ludovic:  I absolutely believe that translation work is vital to OWASP
which is, after all, a _global_ organization to make security visible.
Visibility includes non-English speakers.  (Even though I'm not nearly
clever enough to speak more then a handful on non-English words.)

Ludovic & Paulo:
This is the precise reason I created a third category as part of the
Assessment Criteria v2 (ACv2):  Research and Activities
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Research_and_Activities_Criteria

I wanted to make sure OWASP had a mechanism to capture contributions
which didn't neatly fit into the tools or documents categories.  My hope
was to provide a means by which we could:
* officially track, promote and reward (e.g. HIM) these contributions
* provide a way to group like projects under a single umbrella
* provide a flexible way to assess those projects while keeping the rest
of ACv2 as simple as possible.
* provide a more clean way to open these types of projects to SoC
funding  (since prior focus was primarily tools & docs)

Granted, the new category has had the least work but perhaps this is an
opportunity to flesh out the specifics.  This would allow us to 'road
test' this new category and, with your help, we can work out any issues
that arise during our initial testing.

-
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Live CD Project Lead