[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Honorary Individual Membership

Calderon, Juan Carlos (GE, Corporate, consultant) juan.calderon at ge.com
Fri Oct 9 10:45:51 EDT 2009

What about language project like OWASP-Spanish we have, we could create
language projects to record all the contributions for OWASP for
translations on those languages.

The potential for a language project is much more than that, currently
Fabio Cerullo and the team at OWASP-Spanish is preparing OWASP presence
in several conferences in Latin America and Spain, a podcast and i18n
requirements proposals for OWASP Tools so all the existent and new tools
are translation-friendly and some "Spanish specific" projects that will
be translated back to English for spreading. But at this time making it
for the shake of recording document translations it is a good starting
point.

What do you think?

Regards,
- JC

________________________________

To: Paulo Coimbra; owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Cc: owasp-board at lists.owasp.org;
global_membership_committee at lists.owasp.org;
global-projects-committee at lists.owasp.org

Hi Paulo and All,

Thanks for this.

I just wished to have your opinion on the fact that, although that this
is not a real Project as such, what do you think about adding to the
list the translations carried out since years of some OWASP reference
docs?

Indeed, the exercise of translation is difficult and as such and most of
the time, has to be treated "like" a project. Trust me, I know what I'm
talking about.

Apologies for this comment but I think that this may be taken into
account as well, don't you think?

Of course, this is just a proposal ;-)

Cheers
--
Ludovic Petit
OWASP France Chapter Leader
ludovic.petit at owasp.org
+33 611 726 164

http://www.linkedin.com/in/lpetit

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/France

TEAM stands for... "Together Each Achieves More"