[Owasp-leaders] Thank you voters!

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Sat Nov 21 00:09:19 EST 2009

Just for the record, a place on the OWASP board is a 'license/mandate to
work even more crazy hours for OWASP' (says he at 5am on a Sat morning),
so it really doesn't suit people who want the position because they get the
'extra benefits' (whatever those are)

I don't think that lack of performance from Board Members is not a big issue
at the moment (If it is please raise it), but as the board grows/matures, it
is definitely something that we will need to be aware of.

Regarding the abuse of the 'OWASP Leadership brand' (i.e. people who want
the role but don't put in the effort), I am much more worried about: chapter
leaders, committee members and project leaders. This is quite a hot topic
and one that will only get worse until we get a good grip on what exactly
are the roles, responsibilities and expectations on OWASPs: Board Members,
Committee Members, Chapter & Project Leaders (hey Tom B has been trying to a
get a decent governance model for OWASP for 1 year now, and he is still not
there :)  )

The fact that we are talking about ways to game the election is already a
great evolution since last year (or even 6 months ago) Board Member
elections was not even on the agenda.

Dinis

--

Dinis Cruz