[Owasp-leaders] Thank you voters!

Stephen Craig Evans stephencraig.evans at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:38:32 EST 2009

@ John:
I didn't vote out of apathy - only because I like everybody on the
Board plus the candidates; I didn't want to have to favor anybody.

I am frustrated by the lack of paid individual members. The list is
public - http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6IFyntQTi7sxa2Xjx191BA&gid=0
- and I think it should be accessible by an attractive push button on
the OWASP home page so that I can more easily peer pressure some of my
colleagues to cough up the measly 50 bucks :-)

@James, Rex, and others:

While it does not pertain to general elections, the Very Excellent
Chapter Handbook
(http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Chapter_Handbook) lays out
some guidelines for eligible members and elections at the chapter
level (http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook:_Chapter%27s_life_cycle).
To quote:
"
The membership of a chapter includes:
    * All individual OWASP members who associated their membership
with the chapter
    * A single representative for a corporate OWASP members associated
with the chapter. Note that the lack of symmetry between level of
payment and representation is intentional as OWASP is sponsored, but
not run, by companies.
    * Past and present role members in the chapter.
"

I don't know where the list of honorary members (OWASP leaders &
contributors) are kept and since I am on the Global Membership
Committee maybe I should find out :-)

My interpretation - and which I think is correct - is that a corporate
sponsor gets to nominate one representative that gets one vote - and,
I suppose, can choose the chapter that they are affiliated with.
Again, I will check if this is formalized; it should be.

Cheers,
Stephen

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephencraigevans