[Owasp-leaders] Thinking out Loud: Evaluating Talent

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Sun Nov 8 18:08:45 EST 2009

Agreed, certification is an expensive investment to set up which would
require a full-time resource. Best to partner with a third party on this but
which one? Exclusivity deals do not give me a comfortable feeling.
Making a "migs picky" of this would not do OWASP any favors, it's a one shot
deal.

It can easily go to two extremes (I've seen both);
Either the certification is a joke, too easy, not realistic and a weak
barometer of what we are trying to do OR it can be too hard, pass rate is
very low, appropriate support for examinations is low and therefore uptake
shall be minimal also.

-ek
(see u in DC?)

--
Eoin Keary

OWASP Code Review Guide Lead Author
OWASP Ireland Chapter Lead
OWASP Global Committee Member (Industry)

http://asg.ie/
https://twitter.com/EoinKeary